JOVENES INMIGRANTES POR UN FUTURO MEJOR is a student organization that advocates for the passage of the DREAM Act and provides information on instate-tuition laws, financial aid, admissions, and scholarships for immigrant students.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Nostalgic Post

Hi Jóvenes,

I don't know who reads this. Few people leave comments. Sometimes i feel that i, along with few others are the only ones that read this blog- which is cool. I wish though that more of you were willing to share more, but i suppose i will continue until i get somebody tired of saying the same stuff and then he or she will decide to write. I meant that in a funny way btw.

I just want to acknoweledge DIA DE LOS MUERTOS/THE DAY OF THE DEAD. I know that not everyone who reads this is Mexican or of Mexican descent, and i won't go into the whole explanation of the meaning of this day. This day may have more meaning for some rather than others. I just wanted to say that.

Today though, i remember mi abuelo. Today I remember my brothers and sisters and today is eight years from not seeing them. It is eight years that i don't see the place where i was born and eight years of being the aunt from the picture and the voice on the phone.
Unfortunately, a lot of us have been prived from a lot of things because of our situation. The heart is always with them however.

Who do you remember today? What do you remember today?

I was going to post an article that came on the Washington Post, but i then felt that maybe we wanted to chill from that-at least from tonite.

Some business has got to be posted however:

***Eastwood High School Presentation tomorrow Thursday at 6:30 PM.
Some of us are heading there after the meeting at 4:00 PM which is taking place
in the UC Claudette Room. Remember that this is a meeting open to anybody who wants to bring anything to the group's attention. Or even if you just want to drop by and say what's up.
If you need direction or any more questions on how to get there, please call us or emai us: jifmuhcentral@gmail.com**************

-JRC




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juli,
That was really deep.
Acknowledging Dia de los Muertos, as not only a day to celebrate or pay respect to those who are physically dead but those who are here with us, but yet so far away and not able to be with.
I would like to remember my uncles: Jesus and Jose Angel Gutierrez, who i both love and miss so much.
~melissa

9:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't loose faith.... they will drop by one by one and we will become strong and huge!!!


I Actually remembered a very especially person, Mrs Lightsey, founder of the scholarship The Lightsey Family Scholarship.

We celebrated at the Ripley House and they will the alter the rest of the week just in case yall want to see it.

I remember my grandma Felipa Rodriguez and my grandpa Pedro Sotelo. My fathers nurse, Elaine, my uncles from Rolando Sr., Rolando Jr.

11:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home